Thursday, April 30, 2009

faux pas

i did the stupidest thing yesterday. i wore a short, sleeveless dress to work. it was my aunt's old dress which had been hanging in my cupboard for so long and it's quite nice but i never wore it, so yesterday i decided to wear it. i totally forgot that i work for a very conservative government. when people wear stuff that don't comply to the dresscode, they usually wear their labcoat the whole day to cover it up. but i just walked in with my dress and then put on my labcoat as usual. everyone saw my dress. omg. how useless can my brain get. and i didn't even realise what i did til the end of the day when my friends told me i should keep my labcoat on as i was taking it off before going home. shit.

then last night i was so scared the whole night. like what if i get into trouble. or they suddenly enforce a stricter dresscode because i was so daring to go against it. and i even dreamt that everyone was talking about how stupid i am. damn scared. but then at work no one mentioned it so i hope they all just forget what i did. :(

8 Comments:

At May 01, 2009 9:16 pm, Anonymous van said...

cherie u are damn funnyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

n the least u could do is put up a pic of u in the dress so we all know what u're talking about

 
At May 02, 2009 5:39 pm, Anonymous ee lynn said...

hahahah cherie!

Don't worry, you just wore it once mar, maybe they will see if you do it another time then only they will enforce the rule.hehhee

and ya, picture leh?

 
At May 02, 2009 10:44 pm, Blogger amb3r1te said...

which dress? u should leave the nice clothes to me.

 
At May 06, 2009 8:56 pm, Anonymous cherie said...

i think the dress is still downstairs waiting for me to iron. weekend then i go take picture lah.

n it's not funny. :PP it was really stupid n scary!!

 
At May 06, 2009 8:58 pm, Anonymous van said...

remember! YOU in the dress! full body shot! heels optional

 
At May 07, 2009 8:55 pm, Anonymous cherie said...

nola. dress on hanger.

 
At May 08, 2009 11:48 am, Blogger yannee said...

haha! i did that before.. rmb the black cotton dress with white collar and sleeves that i wore to italy? it was above knee length, very obviously and i wore it to the hospital only to realize that i wore too short because everyone was staring at me... n then i was so occupied with pulling my dress below knee length.. at the end of the day, when it was 5.05pm n i tot PHEW this is all over... a soon to be U44 bumped into me and called me into her room n lectured me... T_T hahha but next day oso no one rmbs la.. the bosses just mengada for fun

 
At May 10, 2009 9:30 pm, Blogger Cherie said...

ur dress more formal than mine leh. a bit short only. ppl here also wear skirts above the knee n try to hide it with lab coat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home