Thursday, June 02, 2005

hari gawai

yesterday was hari gawai, a public holiday in sarawak. my dad cooked laksa for the family coz there was some prawn paste left over from sending some to my uncle(whom i have never met before) in canada. my mom said it was kinda tasteless tho. haha. hope he gets enough practice to cook me a nice bowl when i get back. hehe.

i can't wait to go home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

friendster is suddenly all green...

anyways, here i was, just beginning to read abt the neural regulation of hypothalamic hypophysiotrophic hormone secretion, when ng khai yong, beloved fren of all sarawakians n lover of all things sarawakian, smsed me to wish me happy belated hari gawai. naturally, i was touched n immediately sent my hornbill back to my tuai rumah with khai yong's regards.

i shall go have lunch now.........one-day-expired bread with ayam brand seafood spread.....

4 Comments:

At June 02, 2005 7:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u forgot to end your post with 'squawk'! the call of the hornbill

 
At June 02, 2005 8:48 pm, Blogger Cherie said...

squawkk

 
At June 02, 2005 10:48 pm, Blogger amb3r1te said...

wad hornbill? wad tuai rumah?? u from jungle izzit?! lol
the laksa tasted like spicy water... u sure u wanna try it ar?

 
At June 03, 2005 10:19 am, Blogger Cherie said...

amy, stop trying to fool urself. u know we come from a jungle. don insult the tuai rumah by pretending u don know him. take good care of my hornbill while he's back home.
haha. was it really bad? next time ask him put more prawn paste of smth la..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home