Wednesday, July 26, 2006

credit cards

so. me, naz, van and chia hong went to carrefour just now. i was the first one ready and i was waiting for them in front of a cashier coz it was empty and i could put my stuff on it. and while i was waiting, i was approached by 3 people selling(do you sell?) credit cards.

guy A spoke to me in english. he was promoting some ikea credit card. well, it looked like a credit card and it had the word ikea printed on it. i wasn't really paying attention coz i was busy saying no thanks. but he kept saying please help us la, like he was really pitiful, and i felt sorry for him but hey, i'm a student. i don't go to ikea and i don't have much money to spend. i don't need a ikea credit card.

girl B was also promoting ikea cards. she spoke to me in mandarin so i replied her as well as i could. she has some trust issues. after i told her i don't want a card, my conversation with her went something like this:
girl: (referring to a lady paying at the next cashier) is that your mom?
me: no
girl: (raises eyebrow disbelievingly) true ah?
me: yea. i'm just a student.
girl: izzit? how old are you?
me: 19
girl: (looks at me skeptically) really?
me: yea
i always thought i looked young for my age. or maybe i just look younger than my sis. haha.

when guy C approached me, i barely looked at the credit card he was promoting. i just said i didn't want it. it must be pretty tough doing sales.

2 Comments:

At July 27, 2006 10:33 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

u must look like an auntie to them. why else would they be selling credit cards to u? haha

 
At July 27, 2006 4:55 pm, Blogger Cherie said...

i don't look so old!:P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home